Our Begining...

Our Begining...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"In This Flesh No Good Thing Dwells"


"I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee..."
Philemon 1:4-7

I read this scripture today and I was so confronted. Confronted with the thought that in this flesh-no good thing dwells-ALL that is good within me-is ONLY because of Christ and His goodness-because I am found in Him. Vanity, Vanity all is Vanity and chasing after the wind..." I am a mere mortal-imperfect-made in the image of Christ-being sanctified by Christ-therefor perfect because of His righteousness-NOT MY OWN-created for good works-HIS works.
I was so grieved with my ways-my motives began to stare me in the face...Here I am an artist-waiting for the inspiration of the Lord for my work...and I have found myself trying and doing all I can-to make a buck-and in this tailspin of desperation-people become merchandise...gracious...The Lord is hitting me as I write...He went in and turned the tables of the money changers in the temple-screaming-"Stop making my Father's house a marketplace!" People were being used for covetous monetary gain...believers were coming to the temple to make sacrifices to God, but instead of bringing the animals they owned from home-the one they had raised, befriended and fed ...they were purchasing a random animals to sacrifice to God from a salesman in the temple...an animal that meant nothing to them and was worth nothing but a couple coins...
People became merchandise for selfish and covetous gain-again, in 2 Peter 2-the whole chapter nails it again-verse 3, "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
Wow, there is no way around it-I MUST die to every dream and desire I have and allow it to be put through the fire of the Lord and His will...yes, He may move me-us in a direction with business or provision financially -but there must be a constant death to money-the love of money is the ROOT of all evil...
In the words of Solomon, "He that hastens to be rich shall not be innocent."
Materialism, what can I get??? What do I THINK I need-trying to keep up with what society says is beautiful and what I must have or I'm nothing..it is an extremely powerful pull on me-I admit...I have to fight for contentment-the Word says, "Godliness with contentment is GREAT gain"...

With all this said, I want to present all that I put my hand to do, as a sacrifice of praise unto the Lord-allow Christ to move through me-that I may edify and minister Christ to all I come into contact with...that my friends and acquaintances would be cherished as much loved souls and divine appointments in my life-to sow the Love of Jesus in their hearts-that they may be refreshed by my life..."coming together singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, singing with praise in our hearts to the Lord."
I am created with the purpose to bring all glory to the name of Christ-whatever beauty or talent I may posses-it was endowed to me by the Almighty...Do I recognize this? What will I do with what he has bestowed-will I die to it that He may posses it and resurrect it for His glorification? or will I keep it to my self for my purpose-for my gain-for my glorification? This is very confronting.

I sincerely apologize to you all-yes, I have had selfish, covetous motives in my business posts at times-I confess-trying to gain more for my family-in a frenzy-instead of waiting on the Lord to give the increase in His time. Anxious. I repent,and I pray for a daily repentance from this stronghold that I face. I desire a heart of sincerity and love for the brethren...and I pray you all will be ministered to as a result of my testimony of sorrow for my blindness.

A precious sister in the Lord sent me this text and nailed it:
' "There is one who pretends to be rich, but has nothing; Another pretends to be poor, but has great wealth." Lord, please let us be like the latter!!'

I am rich in Christ. He knows my need and wear I lack-and if He decides to leave me in a place where I "Think" I am lacking-it is only for my good-He is teaching me character and stability in Him-He is my sufficiency...we are to be satisfied with food and raiment alone...but if He decides to bless me- I always want to remember-"If riches increase do not set your heart on them."

Jesus gives the increase in all I do. I want my work and creativity to magnify His name-to all who have eyes to see for those to be served by Christ and increased in their faith and revelation of His great love for their souls. Oh God, let me be a vessel of honor used for the purpose of Your glory.


I love you all. Forgive Me.

Les Lea Jarriel-Ellison
115:1

"Sanctified" is the picture I posted with this blog-it is a self portrait the Lord graced me with 7 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment